Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Onion Soup Mix

4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Cut a 6-inch square of heavy duty foil. Place all ingredients in center of foil. Fold foil to make an airtight package. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 months.

*D:  Have you ever come across a recipe that called for an onion soup mix and you had to move on because you didn't have one? Tat happens to me all the time! In fact, one of my new favortie recipes calls for an onion soup mix, and I don't keep those on hand because they're pretty pricey if you don't buy them on sale. This is an awesome recipe that works perfectly. I have used it on a few occasions already. If you don't have granule bouillon you can use 2 cubes. I don't make it before hand, I just incorporate the ingredients into my recipe. Seasoned pepper is a little pricey, so if you don't have it, just use regular pepper and add some garlic. Pin It

No comments: