Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Snicker's Salad

5 red apples
2 bananas
3 Snicker's bars
1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
1 1/3 cup cold milk
1 container Cool Whip, thawed

 Cut snickers bars into small pieces (cut the bars lengthwise, and thin into 1/4" chunks) and put in freezer for an hour. Mix milk and pudding mix; whip until smooth. Fold pudding and whipped topping together. Chop fruit and blot apples on a paper towel. Add fruits to pudding mix and chill. Add candy before serving.


*D: Have you noticed you can put "salad" on the end of anything and it instantly makes it a health food? Snicker's salad, cookie salad, Jello salad (which is full of whipped cream and cream cheese). I'm just sayin'.

I LOVE Snicker's salad! Mmmm. This is a mishmash of a few different recipes and my personal preferences. My sister-in-law says her recipe calls for strawberry yogurt instead of pudding. That's probably the more healthy option. :)

Freezing the candy pieces is not necessary, but I think it helps them stay chunky instead of mushy and gooey. The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can add all kinds of fruits! Peaches, nectarines, blueberries, etc. I'd say stick with the basics if that's what you have, but if you've got other fruits, go wild!

This is always a crowd pleaser. Pin It

3 comments:

Kimi said...

I LOVE this, though I have to make it with Milky Way so I don't die from eating a peanut. Yummy yummy.

Unknown said...

I am a horrible cook but I love your blog! The first time I saw a girlfriend do this I thought she was going crazy because she had a Gallon size ziplock bag full of frozen snickers just smashing the heck out of them, with a hammer no less! I thought to myself...hmmmmmm, I dunno about this! But I am glad I did the "one try" test because this has become a favorite of my whole family. Fast simple and yummmmy! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas
:0-)

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!!! Oh my GOSH! I didn't realize this was you, what a bad Auntie I am! Deborah you amaze me all the time! Love the ideas you have on here. You may just make a cook out of me yet! :0-))