Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Julie's Clam Chowder

2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup celery, finely chopped (about 3 stalks)
1 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 quart half and half
2 cans minced clams, undrained

Put prepared vegetables in a pan and pour in enough water to barely cover the veggies. Simmer until tender. In another pan, melt butter. Mix in flour and salt, stirring constantly. Mix in half and half; cook until thick. Ad undrained vegetables and clams, heat through. Sprinkle with pepper. Serves 8.

*D: Ok Julie, I hope I got it right! :) If not, let me know and I'll make changes.


Today is kind of a blustery day, so I thought it might be a good day to share a soup recipe. This is the recipe I always make for Tyler and he just loves it. He loves clam chowder and this is one of his favorite recipes. I am not a clam chowder fan, so when I make it for him, I pull out a bowl or two of soup before I put in the clams. Then in my portion I add sour cream, cheese and maybe some bacon and chives. Voila, I have baked potato soup.


This is a super easy recipe that is a family favorite. It's simple, cheap and tastes delicious. Pin It

No comments: