Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Taco Casserole

1 lb hamburger - brown with onions
2 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 1/2 TBSP chili powder
1 can cream of chicken soup
shredded cheese
corn tortillas

Brown hamburger with onions and then drain. Mix with tomato sauce and chili powder. In a separate bowl, mix soup and milk. Layer tortillas, meat mixture, soup mixture and top with lots of cheese. Bake uncovered at 350* for 15 - 20 minutes.

*D: Yum, yum and yum.

I cut back on the chili powder a bit, and I did not add enough corn tortillas to the bottom of the pan. When I made this I had about 1/2 pound of cooked ground beef already in my freezer, so I used that. The recipe made enough for 2 - 4 people, so if you plan to feed more than that, you may have to 1 and a half it or just double it. It's hard to say for sure since I only used half the meat, but when I made this I baked it in a square glass dish, 8 X 8 I think.

Great recipe, tastes almost like enchiladas.

Possible side dishes: corn, Mexican rice, beans, salad.
Pin It

No comments: