Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thai Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce

4 chicken breasts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. salt
4 t. sugar

Combine ingredients and rub onto chicken breasts. Broil until done. Cut into thin strips.

1 red onion, cut into thin wedges (we used regular onion)
2 t. oil
1 c. shredded cabbage
1 c. shredded carrots
4 green onions, sliced (I didn't have these on hand, so I left them out)
1 T. grated ginger root (or 1/2-1 t. ginger powder)
2 cloves garlic, minced

Saute the veggies, garlic and ginger until tender.

1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. water
2 T. oil

Heat peanut butter and sugar until sugar is melted. Add garlic, soy sauce, water, and oil.

3 cups warm, cooked rice
6 large flour tortillas

Assemble wraps with rice, cooked veggies, chicken strips, and peanut sauce. Yummy!

This is a recipe from my brother and sister-in-law. The notes off to the side are theirs. I don't have anything to add except I don't broil my chicken, I bake it. Pin It

1 comment:

KT said...

We tried this last night, and both really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!